The UNC Charlotte NanoSURE REU Site is designed to advance nanoscale science research at the undergraduate level and contribute to the education and training of the nanotechnology workforce of the future.
Nanoscale science research faculty from the Departments of Chemistry, Biology, Physics and Optical Science, and Mechanical Engineering and Engineering Science will mentor undergraduate researchers on well-defined research projects related to nanoscale science.
* The program will last from May 26th – August 1st.
- Supraparticle assemblies of amphiphilic hybrid-nanoparticles
- Understanding and controlling protein stability
- Spectroscopic investigation of colloidal nanocrystal dynamics
- Novel corrole-based nanoparticles for photodynamic therapy
- Synthesis and crystallography of inorganic compounds
Students can gain experience in:
- Nanoscale synthesis
- Nanoparticle manipulation and assembly
- Quantum dots, carbon nanotubes, and metallic nanoparticles
- SEM, TEM, and AFM
- X-ray crystallography