- B.A. in Math and Chemistry, Otterbein College (1976)
- M.S. (1979) & Ph.D. (1982) in Organic Chemistry, University of Arizona
- Postdoctoral, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland (1982-84)
- Advanced Organic Chemistry (CHEM 6135)
- Organic Chemistry (CHEM 2131 & CHEM 2132)
- Organic Structure Determination (CHEM 4133)
- Organic Reaction Mechanisms (CHEM 4134)
My research has centered on the preparation, reaction and structure of carbanionic species. We are currently preparing organometallic reagents as chiral auxiliaries for organic synthesis. We are preparing functional monomers for preparing functional polymers. We are using the rapid injection NMR technique to help understand the mechanisms for organometallic conjugate addition reactions.